Thursday, September 22, 2011

Review - Shakeweight

First and foremost I have no intentions of building up or tearing down this product.

I first saw the Shake Weight on TV and didn't really think much of it other than there's another contraption to stow in the closet after using it once or twice.  Come on, there is just so much crap that gets sold on the infomercials now days that isn't worth the box it came in.

About a month ago I was at Wall Mart and saw it on the shelf for about 20 bucks, I thought not bad if it works.  Of course I got home and had to try it out.  I read the instructions that came with it for the six minute workout and watched the video attached at the bottom of the page.

MY REVIEW;
The first time using the Shake Weight I actually found myself laughing a few times as it was a little hard to do.  I definitely felt a burn in my arms, shoulders and chest during the first minute.  After finishing the whole six minute routine I did have a pretty good pump going on.  I set it down for about 30 minutes and went on about other things and then decided to pick it up again.  The second time around was a bit harder still feeling a little fatigued and the awkwardness of shaking it behind my head and with each arm.

After using the Shake Weight a few times I began to get a feel for it and just where and how to hold it to really target the muscle group that I was working.  Like any muscle group doing the same routine repeatedly I noticed my muscles getting used to the workout, I found by adjusting the position of the Shake Weight and adding more intensity (shaking faster) I could still achieve that good pump.  There are many other little things you can do such as isolating your chest by squeezing your pecks while shaking the Shake Weight really intensifies the workout.

Overall I thought the Shake Weight was a pretty good buy for $20.00.  I'm pretty sure no matter how much you use it you're not going to look like the ripped guys in the video, but I think for people who don't have a fitness program it's definitely a good tool to get your heart rate up, add some definition and maybe even add a little bit of bulk.

For those who don't get out much, work behind a desk or have similar types of lifestyle, I think this would be an excellent choice in fitness equipment.  It's small enough to stow most anywhere, very durable and it only takes six minutes to get in a workout.


Men's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbsSeVr5NSI

Women's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXHUdvvHTkw

No comments:

Post a Comment