Tuesday, September 6, 2011

ABOUT ME

My name is Waco Merchant; here in our blog as well as with our website you will find a number of pictures of Rikki and myself, showing you that we are real people just like you. 


I want to tell you a little bit about me.   
    
Growing up in Montana, I was very active as a kid. Whether it was fishing, hunting or just playing outside. I wasn’t much for staying indoors. In school I was involved in sports; wrestling, football, and track. In between seasons I would lift weights and do a lot of road work jogging the country roads near my house. My Dad was in the Special Forces in the Army and he was a pusher, he would get me up in the mornings and make me jog with him. After a while I guess I just become accustom to it. On the weekends and during the summer months I would be out on the fence line driving posts, logging or doing whatever kind of work my Dad would create for me to keep me from “lying around on my dead ass” as he would say.

I joined the Marine Corps immediately after graduating. My old man always said “there is the military way and the wrong way to do things” I guess I was tired of never being wright.  After eight years in my Beloved Corps, I found myself to be in the best shape of my life. I was Honorably Discharged finishing my second enlistment and took a job in the precast concrete industry where I continued a life of physical work - heavy lifting, always on the run, and long hours. As I moved up in the industry running crews, jobs, and then plants, I was still able to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Even as a Manager I was always working along side my men and still putting in long hours. 15 years of feast and famine, the construction industry fell out along with the economy.

 I found myself pending a desk more and more and I started to develop a belly. Not only that, but doing the same physical activity I used to do I started to notice shortness of breath. WHAT? I realized I’m 40 now and my life style had changed.

I made a commitment to myself to not only get back into shape but regain the healthy lifestyle I once had. Having the support of Rikki who found herself in the same state of life, we decided to get there together. Taking it one step further, we decided to do a website! We have put together proven information on this site that will guarantee you’re achievement to any fitness goal you have, if you read the information, apply it into your life you will find yourself feeling better, more confident, and much, much happier.

We will provide you with the necessary tools to reach all your fitness goals, best of all, lots and lots of FREE information. We will also provide you with fitness eBooks, recipes for delicious dishes, exercise gear, clothing and apparel, Q & A, and reviews.  

Join us on our journey to getting fit. So come on, what are you waiting for “GET FIT WITH US!”

No comments:

Post a Comment