Tuesday, September 6, 2011

About Rikki

Hey, ya’ll! 
I’m Rikki and I write this page to help women take control of their confidence and maintain a healthy and happy lifestyle. I am going to share with you my experiences and hopefully help women to realize that being fit is not a chore.
I have been a dental professional for 22 years and I love my job, the people I work with and love helping people acquire beautiful smiles. In my lifespan, I have lived coast-to-coast, North and South and even in the Midwest. I’ve settled back in my home state of California with the love of my life, Waco.
Since I have educated literally thousands of people on the importance of healthy mouths, the realization is that life begins with the lips, teeth and tongue. That being said my second love is cooking, eating and sharing the joy of tasting flavorful foods. By sharing a bit about me, I hope we can stay healthy, live longer and be happy together.
Like most women, I have tried every new fad diet. Soups, shakes, only protein, only veggies and on and on. The rollercoaster weight is a reality for most people in general. It took me to 40 before it sunk in! You have to move! You have to eat! You have to have fun doing both.
I am going to share meals with you that I have cooked, tasted, and received the thumbs up from the people I’ve shared with. In addition, for the wine lovers, I will pair certain foods with a delectable wine. You may ask yourself, how does she know what wines go with what? Therefore, I can tell you that I have been blessed with some of the best friends in the world! And some of those best friends have expertise in the wine world. They have introduced and educated me over the years (btw, it’s a continual learning experience) by giving me a palate of making certain foods pop with the grape regale!
Waco and I have made a dedication to each other to keep moving! We both have had lifestyle changes that most people have experienced these days with the struggling economy. We can both attest to the fact that the older you get, the easier it is to become sedentary. Also, you don’t have to spend hours in the gym to stay trim! There are so many “get fit” providers on the market today, it’s difficult know where to begin! Our commitment to you is find what works and what doesn’t! We are trying different routines, equipment and activities, then giving you an honest opinion from regular people. By doing that, we can stay fit together!
So, eat healthy, keep moving and above all, Be Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment