Swap out chard for fresh spinach in this easily-customizable recipe.
Nonstick cooking spray
(1¼ cups) egg whites
4 large eggs
1/2 cup nonfat milk
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups chopped Swiss chard or fresh spinach
1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine egg whites, eggs, milk, cheese, salt (if desired), pepper (if desired), and nutmeg in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
4. Add onion and chard; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Turn off heat. 5. Lightly coat sides of skillet with spray.
6. Add tomatoes and egg mixture to skillet.
7. Place skillet in oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffy and set.
Tip: You can use spinach, kale, or other favorite greens instead of the Swiss chard. You can also mix the greens for a total of 2 cups.
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
Calories: 131Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 144gSodium: 273mgCarbs: 4gFiber: 1gSugars: 3gProtein: 12g